Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Annoyance leads to Inaction

Entry: four hundred forty three, I think.

...not gonna bother double checking that...

...

...

Have you ever been driven to inaction simply because of someone else?

...

Today, an alliance mate named EvilDead put out an advert for home defense. Because I thought EvilDead was going to FC the affair, I did not join fleet. Something like fifteen minutes later, maybe thirty, I'm unsure, it seemed as though enough people had trickled into the fleet to put up an actual fight against the twenty odd RAZOR in our space.

So I joined. Not three minutes in, I hear the following:

EvilDead: "Guys, we have to get moving soon before they leave."
FC: "We need more logistics."

...

I left fleet.

The defense fleet had formed slowly. Logistics had not formed up. I was frustrated by the slowness of it.

As it turned out, the defense fleet had been forming a Nano gang. Since we're an armor alliance, this poses somewhat of a huge problem, as Scimitars are not typically on hand except for the occasional roam. Being honest, I can't recall any reimbursable shield fleets run by our alliance, and playing Scimitar on a non reimburseable op in an alliance that sports armor tanking as the primary meat and potatoes of everyday life is a poor deal to take, even if you are itching for action. It's essentially the sole reason that I've not fit another Scimitar since I lost my first out here.

...

So, not only was I annoyed that perhaps the one person in the entire alliance that I know I dislike was leading the roam, I was then annoyed at the slow formup, followed by the lack of willingness to form a proper gang. I went inactive. The fleet left perhaps five minutes later. I have no idea how well they did, but I have a strong feeling RAZOR probably did better. They use shield gangs more often, had five or more Scimitars, and our side was trying to emulate it when what we do best is armor.

...

I'm ambivalent about whether I should have joined that roam or not. I know this situation happens quite frequently, I've put up with it hundreds of times. On the one hand, I didn't go, and didn't gain or lose anything. On the other, I potentially missed out on some action. On the previous, I missed out on EvilDead. On the latter, I don't have any shield ships available, and any tackle ship I'd have brought would have been an instant loss with only the faint hope of being recorded on two to three killmails before being primaried.

...

It's a tough call...

Computer: terminate recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment