Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 387

Computer: Record. Auto-transmit to VFK for backup.


Entry three hundred eighty-seven.


I just got word that 4-AB had a few hostiles. My trigger finger is itching for some action, and I'm not waiting. I've moved from the Stiletto to the Hurricane. Standard shield buffer, nonstandard nanofiber for greater speed and maneuverability.


Warp bookmark 4-AB.

"Warp Drive Active."


So far on intelligence, I know that there are two hostiles. It's my guess that there are more, otherwise I doubt the reported Dramiel will stick around.


"Jumping. Recording Paused."


****************


"Recording Resumed. Warping to Stargate"

I find myself wondering how large this gang is going to be, and what the backup will look like though. Ah, there's the stargate now, and there's the drag bubble?? Approach the Caldari battlecruiser wreck. Activate MWD, overheat top rack and cycle. Now just for the waiting...a blackbird? Well, this isn't going to go well.


Approach gate...Jump.


"Jumping. Recording Paused."


****************


"Recording Resumed"


Approach Dramiel. Lock. Activate MWD and top rack . Disruptor, Neutralizer: Active.


I know it's a trap, but I can't help myself. Even if I lose this hurricane, but I kill the Dramiel, I'm coming out twenty plus million ISK ahead, and ISK wars are pretty important. My guns keep hammering at the Dramiel, reverberating throughout my ship. It's difficult to hit him, but I land occasional glancing blows as he hits the stargate. He's not a very good frigate pilot, but he's getting the job done, because he's only now entering armor.


"Loki, Myrmidon, Dramiel, Falcon: on grid."


Shit.


"Jammed Out."


Approach gate. Request Jump on auto-spam, begin.


"The Stargate denies you permission to Jump because of recent acts of aggression you have committed."
"The Stargate denies you permission to Jump because of recent acts of aggression you have committed."
"The Stargate denies you permission to Jump because of recent acts of aggression you have committed."
"The Stargate denies you permission to Jump because of recent acts of aggression you have committed."

Auto-warp to station on auto-spam, begin.


"External factors are preventing you from entering warp."
"External factors are preventing you from entering warp."
"External factors are preventing you from entering warp."
"Ship is out of control."
"Warping to Station."


GF coming in over local communications network, what the hell, me too. GF guys.


Warp to Stargate. "Warping to Stargate."


Funny how everything seems calm and quiet, yet high strung and tense after you lose a ship.


"Jumping. Recording Paused."

****************

Pause Recording until further notice. "Recording Paused."


****************


"Recording Resumed."


Intelligence claims Robopleasure in TNT space. I didn't have another Hurricane in VFK, so I made the trip out to XCF for my one and only armor cane. Undock.


"Undocking."

....


Warp to CU9. "Warping to Stargate." Robopleasure has been bouncing between FMB, CU9, and XCF it seems, although he's slow on the take about moving. I'm not sure why, but maybe I'll find out.

Once in CU9, pause recording until further notice.


"Jumping. Recording Paused."


****************

To Intelligence: Robopleasure in CU9 on XCF gate.
Lock and approach Robopleasure. Overload top rack and engage.

"Target is no longer locked because it doesn't exist." 

To Intelligence: Robopleasure jumped XCF from CU9.

From Intelligence: shiptype?

To Intelligence: How many times do I need to repeat that he's in a Daredevil?

To Intelligence: Robopleasure CU9, DAREDEVIL, moving to approximately 100km below the XCF gate.


Pause recording until Robopleasure is webbed.

"Recording Paused."



****************

"Recording Resumed."


Overheat top rack and approach. MWD: Active. Just a few seconds now.
"Target is no longer locked because it doesn't exist. Killmail Recorded."


Gimme a minute to cool my nerves. Approach wreck and loot. Once looting completed, destroy the wreck. "Acknowledged."


So, there's a little bit missing in the log there. Upon his last jump into CU9 via XCF, Robo microwarped to about a hundred below the gate. Being less agile, not mention considerably slower, I kept myself in jump range of the gate so that no matter which direction he approached from, I could lock him before he got to within ten kilometers of it, and then double web and scram him as soon as he did get in range.


He played around for quite a while, maybe ten to fifteen minutes, microwarping in and out, trying to draw me off of the gate. I wasn't willing to oblige, but did return some Barrage as an exchange. On one attempt, I did release some some drones at him, but they did minimal damage before one was destroyed, thus I recalled them. Note: drones will not work on a Daredevil except as a distraction.


His final run ended with him being double webbed and scrammed. There was no chance for escape.


He claims that that last run was a mistake, and frankly I'm inclined to agree with him. After how long he spent zooming in and out, one piloting error on an inbound trajectory took him in too close, resulting in the loss of his ship. I didn't even attempt to pod him, the hurricane's locking speed is far too slow to catch the pod of any half decent pilot, nevermind a regular interloper like him.


To Robopleasure: GF
From Robopleasure: GF

No comments:

Post a Comment