Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The first few days in NCdot

Entry: eight hundred ninety-eight.
 
Picking up from last time, Militaris has somewhat successfully started its trial run with NCdot for membership. I say somewhat successfully,because despite the idea that we should only be moving what we need, somehow moving seems to be still going on. Honestly, I don't really get it, unless they're moving everything.
 
People don't make a whole lot of sense.
 
True to a Nulli source I have some contact with, EU timezone is getting all the good fights and US timezome is making CFC forces either stand-down or, and I quote, "hit your staging towers", despite us hitting their CSAA towers or tech towers. So while the EU pilots get fights, and the AU pilots are planting invasion structures at will, the US pilots are bashing structures. There are worse ways to spend your time though, believe it or not, and every tech moon we take means more ship reimbursement.
 
Fleets form up relatively fast, with the longest formup being fifteen minutes. I must admit, it's a nice change from the traditional hour or two hour long formups or pretty much every coalition and alliance I've been a part of to date. Small gang fleet formups seem to be roughly fifteen minutes to an hour since they aren't broadcast over Jabber like CTAs are.
 
I was told I would have to put up with severe trolling and elitism, also from my Nulli source. I've seen the least amount of trolling and elitism here as opposed to anywhere else. The other alliances and coalitions were far stronger trolls, with the exception of Against All Authorities not being good at trolling, but being fairly strong in the elistist attitude. I make these generalizations towards the FCs and supporting commanders, such as logi anchors etc, not in regards to the general fleet, although again NCdot has the least of all these in the general fleet as well. At least for now anyways.
 
As I mentioned, it's only been a few days, so we'll see later on if things change. If not then that's quite good.
 
Watching intel and the formup channels, it seems that there are plenty of roams and defense fleets going up in response to enemy roams or lack thereof, so I'm not finding a problem with that. I do see however that the attitude of high cost, high powered ships, does not stay on the warpath, however, and gets carried out through roams and defense fleets as well. I haven't seen a single fleet that wanted any tech one ship except for tier three battlecruisers. That means that using other tech one ships will pretty much only happen on corp roams.
 
I did almost get awoxed today, although at this point I don't know if it's due the NCdot renters being retards or if the pilot was an actual awoxer. Basically, I was flying around making tacticals at every stargate, my mission to make them for every stargate in the region and sell them, and this renter decides he's going to destroy my ship.
 
I was in a speed fit Claw, he in a Sabre. You can guess how much success he had (hint: zero). He was so unsuccessful that when I called him out in intel as being an awoxer, when I was asked for proof I didn't have any because he didn't blow up my ship, didn't manage to land a single bullet on me, and my systems don't log 'failed attacks'. Just a tad frustrating there. 
 
Anyways, after evading him like the sad sack of pilot he was, I continued about by business. I'm about seventy to seventy-five percent finished. The last part I have to do is section near Tribute, but it looks dense enough in terms of stargates per system that it will likely take me more than a few hours to complete it.
 
Overall, the experience I've had with them has been positive, the bad things about it largely being outside of anyone's control. I do wish more of my corp was able to join, ie stop moving stuff and just get in fleet, but as mentioned above, people are strange. Let's just hope for their sakes we get in, or all the stuff they moved in will be jailed in NCdot stations without possibility of parole.
 
Computer: terminate recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment